Fresh Tomato Soup Homemade.
500g Ripe plum tomatoes (roughly chopped)
1 Large onion (Diced).
2 Bay leaves.
1 tsp. dried thyme.
50g butter unsalted.
800ml vegetable stock.
3 tbsp. double cream, save 1 tbsp. for the garnish.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Some fresh basil for garnish.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme, basil and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the stock with the bay leaves and once reached boiling simmer for 3-4 minutes .
- Remove the bay leaves and place all into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour back into the pan, add the double cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes then serve. Place the 1 tbsp. cream and chopped basil to garnish.
Perfect with Garlic bread to dip.
Nutrition facts The water content of tomatoes is around 95%. The other 5% consists mainly of carbohydrates and fibre.
Here are the nutrients in a small (100-gram) raw tomato:
Protein: 0.9 grams
Carbs: 3.9 grams
Sugar: 2.6 grams
Fiber: 1.2 grams
Fat: 0.2 grams
This mini blender is great I use mine all the time.