Easy to make, delicious with fresh whipped cream and jam, I prefer strawberry.
If your trying to get the children interested in baking, these scones are great to get them started with you and are also a great item to serve when having friends over for tea or coffee.
Step by step instructions to follow and a short video is included to watch if you prefer.
Prepare the ingredients.
- 225 grams self raising flour.
- 20 grams white granulated sugar.
- ½ cup raisins.
- 50 grams unsalted butter.
- 1 tsp. baking powder.
- 1 large egg.
- 275ml. milk half fat.
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence.
- Flour for dusting.
Pre-heat the oven to 220c.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowel.
- Add in all the dry ingredients.
- Stir and mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients together by hand or wooden spoon if you like.
- Tip all the mixture onto a floured surface.
- Mold together the mixture into a ball and then using your rolling pin roll out to approximately ½ inch thick.
- Using a cookie/pastry cutter 8.5cm is a good size, cut out the scones.
- Place the scones onto a lined baking tray 1-2 inches apart.
- Then brush the tops with a little milk.
- Then put into your pre-heated oven at 220c for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with fresh whipped cream and jam.
Or follow the video below.