- ¼ cup of garden peas.
- 1 tbsp. sweetcorn.
- 2 medium carrots sliced.
- 2 medium potatoes quartered.
- ½ onion diced.
- 4 or 5 small mushrooms roughly chopped.
- ½ handful of green beans.
- 1 handful of red lentils.
- Dried herbs: > ½ tsp. Parsley, ½ tsp. garlic granules, ½ tsp. basil, ½ tsp. sea salt, 3 or 4 turns ground black pepper, ¼ tsp. smoked paprika, ¼ tsp. chilli flakes, ¼ tsp. ginger.
- 1 beef stock cube dissolved in 1 pint boiled water with a little corn flour to thicken.
- 300/400 g. beef steak cut into 1cm cubes.
Step by step for your beef stew.
- In your pan fry of the beef for 5 minutes.
- Place in the onion and mushroom cook just for 2 or 3 minutes then add in all the herbs except the salt and pepper.
- Then the peas, potato, sweetcorn, green beans and carrots.
- Add the pint of beef stock then lentils and stir, now simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste stir and continue to simmer gently for a further 20 minutes.
Your beef stew ready
Another comforting beef meal just click on the following link. https://jamesbasic.kitchen/2020/03/25/beef-in-black-bean/.
Or alternatively search through the site from the main page, for recipes, money saving tips and more. Click here.