Hope you enjoy making this fresh homemade tomato soup, great with bread to dip.
Don’t forget to look for the links near the bottom of the page for more.
Fresh homemade Tomato Soup.
- 500g Ripe tomatoes (roughly chopped).
- 1 Large onion (Diced).
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 1 tsp. dried thyme.
- 50g butter unsalted.
- 800ml vegetable stock.
- 3 tbsp. double cream, save 1 tbsp. for the garnish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Some fresh basil for garnish.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme, basil and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the stock with the bay leaves and once reached boiling simmer for 3-4 minutes .
- Remove the bay leaves, then place into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour back into the pan, add the double cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes then serve.
- Place the 1 tbsp. cream and chopped basil to garnish.
Perfect with Garlic bread to dip in your homemade tomato soup.
The water content of tomatoes is around 95%. The other 5% consists mainly of carbohydrates and fibre.
Here are the nutrients in a small (100-gram) raw tomato:
- Calories: 18
- Water: 95%
- Protein: 0.9 grams
- Carbs: 3.9 grams
- Sugar: 2.6 grams
- Fiber: 1.2 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
Follow how to make this delicious homemade tomato soup on the YouTube Link.
Please have a look at our video and subscribe.
Link for bread below and to Home page to Search for more.
I hope you enjoy the tomato soup. How about some bread to dip ?
This recipe for bread is easy, you’ll find on the link here to another great recipe. CLICK HERE.
If you prefer to search the site from the main page for more recipes look for the Search Box, money saving tips and more. CLICK HERE
This mini blender is great, I use mine all the time.