Traditional scones with cream and jam (Jelly if your from the USA).
Please also look for the links near the bottom of the page, for more recipes.
Traditional scones with cream and jam.
Easy to make, delicious with fresh whipped cream and jam, I prefer strawberry.
If your trying to get the children interested in baking, these scones are great to get them started baking with you. They are also a great item to serve when having friends over for tea or coffee.
Step by step instructions to below and a short video is included to watch if you prefer.
Prepare the ingredients.
- 225 grams self raising flour.
- 20 grams white granulated sugar.
- ½ cup raisins.
- 50 grams unsalted butter.
- 1 tsp. baking powder.
- 1 large egg.
- 275ml. milk half fat.
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence.
- Flour for dusting.
Pre-heat the oven to 220c.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowel.
- Add in all the dry ingredients.
- Stir and mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients together by hand or wooden spoon if you like.
- Tip all the mixture onto a floured surface.
- Mold together the mixture into a ball and then using your rolling pin roll out to approximately ½ inch thick.
- Using a cookie/pastry cutter 8.5cm is a good size, cut out the scones.
- Place the scones onto a lined baking tray 1-2 inches apart.
- Then brush the tops with a little milk.
- Then put into your pre-heated oven at 220c for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with fresh whipped cream and jam.
Watch the instruction, follow the video below and please subscribe.
Traditional scones with cream
I hope you enjoyed these traditional scones with cream. Below is a link to another recipe I think you’ll like, especially if you have a sweet tooth, caramel slices.
Alternatively search the site from the main page for more recipes, money saving tips and more. Look for the Search Box.