Rather having a pizza full of carbohydrates try an alternative. A healthy Eggplant pizza is such an easy and healthy way to introduce the children to vegetables.
They just takes a few minutes to make and bake.
Look out for the links at the bottom for more.
Healthy Eggplant Pizza.
You will be pleasantly surprised how tasty this healthier option is.
- 1 Large aubergine.
- ½ tsp. Salt.
- ¼ tsp. Ground black pepper.
- 1½ tbsp. Olive oil.
- 3 tbsp. Tomato puree. More if you like.
- ¼ onion. More you like.
- 150g. Mozzarella cheese.
- 1 tsp. Italian dried herb mix.
You can obviously buy a ready mixed Italian herb mix, or alternatively make your own which i’m sure will taste so much better, below.
In the Italian dried herb mix which I use. There is a variety of different herbs, these are oregano, basil, red pepper, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley. The mix I use is 1 tsp. of each of the herbs and only ¼ tsp. of the red pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c.
- Slice the aubergine into ¼ inch slices.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, herb mix.
- Place the sliced aubergine on a lined or non stick oven tray.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil mix over the tops of the slices of aubergine.
- Use the back of a small spoon or knife spread some tomato puree on top of the aubergine.
- Now place some onion then some mozzarella cheese on the tops of each slice of aubergine.
- Now put the tray of mini aubergine pizza in the oven for 25 – 27 minutes.
Healthy Eggplant Pizza.
Please watch the video below and share.
The Aubergine or Eggplant is a soft fleshy absorbent fruit, sometimes treated as a vegetable which is used all over the world and is best cooked, as raw it has a bitter taste.
It can be boiled, stewed, deep fried, pan fried, put on the barbecue or roasted the way in which I made these mini pizzas.
Storing your eggplants/aubergine is best inside the fridge where they can last for 7 to 10 days, or around 5 days at room temperature in a dark part of your kitchen cupboard.
100g of raw aubergine provides:
- 15 kcal.
- 0.9g protein.
- 0.4g fat.
- 2.2g carbohydrate.
- 2.7g fibre.
Also try this easy make and bake pizza at home. Click here.
Or if you would prefer search through the site, go to main page. CLICK HERE.
Look for the search box.
Eggplant health benefits and tasty tips.
The link below is taken from medical news today site. Giving the health benefits and tips on the eggplant.
4 thoughts on “Healthy Eggplant Pizza”