This healthy Eggplant Pizza is such an easy and healthy way to introduce the children to vegetables, just takes a few minutes to make and bake.
Healthy Aubergine or Eggplant Pizza
You will be surprised how tasty this healthier option is.
- 1 Large aubergine.
- ½ tsp. Salt.
- ¼ tsp. Ground black pepper.
- 1½ tbsp. Olive oil.
- 3 tbsp. Tomato puree. More if you like.
- ¼ onion. More you like.
- 150g. Mozzarella cheese.
- 1 tsp. Italian dried herb mix.
In the Italian dried herb mix there is a variety of different herbs, these are oregano, basil, red pepper, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c.
- Slice the aubergine into ¼ inch slices.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, herb mix.
- Place the sliced aubergine on a lined or non stick oven tray.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil mix over the tops of the slices of aubergine.
- Use the back of a small spoon or knife spread some tomato puree on top of the aubergine.
- Now place some onion then some mozzarella cheese on the tops of each slice of aubergine.
- Now put the tray of mini aubergine pizza in the oven for 25 – 27 minutes.
Please watch the video below and share.
The Aubergine or Eggplant is a soft fleshy absorbent fruit, sometimes treated as a vegetable which is used all over the world and is best cooked, as raw it has a bitter taste.
It can be boiled, stewed, deep fried, pan fried, put on the barbecue or roasted like the way we made these mini pizza.
Storing your eggplants/aubergine is best inside the fridge where they can last for 7 to 10 days or around 5 days at room temperature in a dark part of your kitchen cupboard.
100g of raw aubergine provides:
- 15 kcal.
- 0.9g protein.
- 0.4g fat.
- 2.2g carbohydrate.
- 2.7g fibre.